Therapy for Teens
Is your teen under a lot of stress? Do they not seem as happy as they once did? Are they suffering from an eating disorder? Do you suspect they are using drugs?
Most of us remember our teenage years as a combination of great fun, burgeoning freedom, and a tremendous amount of stress. During this time our hormone levels are skyrocketing, making us feel emotionally out of control. We also feel a greater need to perform well academically and fit into social circles. All of this stress can take its toll on a teen’s mental health and overall well-being.
Common Life Challenges Among Teens
Teens can often face some serious life challenges that impact their mental health and well-being.
- Loss - Loss can come in the form of a death of a loved one, including a pet, and it can also come in the form of parental separation or divorce. A loss also happens when a family moves to a new location and the teen must go to a new school.
- Depression - If you've noticed your teen feeling sad, irritable or unmotivated, they may be struggling with depression. This can impact their mood, motivation, self-worth, and overall well-being.
- Anxiety - Anxiety is a common concern for teens, especially in today's fast-paced and high-pressure society. Anxiety can impact many areas of life and can manifest in several ways, making it hard to know where to turn or who to trust.
- Self-Esteem - Struggles with self-esteem are also common among teens. Teens can struggle to identify and challenge negative self-talk, cultivate self-compassion, and build a strong sense of self-worth.
- Stress - A little stress is normal in life and can even be motivating. But too much stress can cause burnout at any age. Many teens face tremendous amounts of stress to do well in school, hold down a job, and be accepted by their peers.
- Violence - Teens that are bullied at school or at home suffer, and are often left feeling alone with these circumstances.
This is not an exhaustive list of reasons why a teen may want to speak with a therapist by any means. If you think your teen could benefit from therapy, please reach out to me.
My Services for Teen Mental Health
At Integrative Wellness, I offer a range of evidence-based therapies to support teens struggling with depression, anxiety, self-esteem, social concerns, and more. I take a holistic approach to mental health care, addressing not just the symptoms of mental health concerns, but also the underlying factors that contribute to them.
I believe that the therapeutic relationship is a critical component of effective treatment, and I work to create a safe and supportive space where teens can explore their thoughts and feelings without judgment.
I also understand that talk therapy is not for everyone, which is why I offer a range of creative arts therapies to engage teens in the therapeutic process. From art therapy to music therapy, we will leverage the power of creative expression to help your teen access and process their emotions.
Contact me to get started!
If your teen is struggling right now and could benefit from therapy, please reach out to me to arrange a free consultation.